Tuesday, June 16, 2009

John O' Donnell Stadium

My favorite summer activity is going to JO'D, well I guess it's called Modern Woodmen Park now, for River Bandits games. Seeing as I have season tickets, I have been there over a dozen times but we finally decided to review the food.

They have 4 concession stands that serve the basics and another 5 specialty stands for Rudy's Tacos, philly cheesesteaks, footlong brats and sausages, grilled pretzels, and popcorn.
We hit up the philly cheesesteak stand and got all the fixins. On a side note, I would not recommend eating Rudy's unless you are okay spending the 7th inning stretch in the tiny bathroom stalls. and maybe the 8th and 9th innings too. nasty stuff I haven't eaten in years.

Here's the cheesesteak...steak, american cheese, and peppers--oh yea, ready to bite into this one




priceless...














And i devoured some soft serve ice cream in a helmet before I could take a picture. so here is the aftermath...
















All in all it's pretty much overpriced mediocre food, but that's to be expected at a ballpark. I recommend going on a Thursday for $2 drinks and getting a hot dog and funnel cake with fruit on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment