Sunday, November 1, 2009

Coyote Kitchen



















We hit up The Coyote Kitchen one night in Boone. I sort of snuck it in there and kept the fact that it was organic and vegan-friendly from Richie. I looked up the menu in the phone book and decided it had enough meat to satiate him.

It ended up being a very small place located in a strip mall that was otherwise closed.














The inside looked sort of Mexican or Tuscan. The clientele was very odd and our waitress was a hippie with a stoner laugh. This lady in this picture took down her hair later, and it was PAST HER BUTT. freaking GROSS. She was also wearing shiny bright blue leggings.

The food took a long time to come out of the kitchen. I imagine it was my pasta, cause it takes a while to boil water. Or it's just the way things are done down south, because pretty much everywhere we ate took FOREVER.

In the meantime, Richie enjoyed his 'natural' root beer.















And here was his feast, kobe beef with chipotle cream cheese, sliced lettuce, romas, caramelized onion, roasted corn, pico de gallo and jack cheese...
















And my parmesan covered tortellini. There was also some chicken chunks in there. I wasn't very hungry so I started by picking those out and eating them, but then the tortellini was so good, I kept going and going. I brought my leftovers home and ate them the next day.















So the food turned out to be really good and every one thoroughly enjoyed it. And we all got our meat in for the day. It was one of the few meals in which someone did not eat a hamburger.

We didn't eat until like 8 p.m. so no good outdoor pics of the place, but you can kind of make out the coyote...


No comments:

Post a Comment